Sunday, September 7, 2014

Μέχρι είστε γεμιστά!

That's Greek for "Till you're stuffed!"

This weekend is one of my favorites among the festivities that occur in Utah!

The Greek Festival is just happiness. In all honestly, it just a food fest, but those are the best!
Ever since my grandma introduced me to a Gyro in California, I have loved Greek food(s)

Last year was the first year that Brian came with my grandma and I and he is hooked, and I know that you will be too. 

Dolmathes, Pastitsio, Souvlaki, Spanakopita, Loukoumathes, Tyrapita, Amigthalota and of course the lamb pit are my top choices! I feel like Homer Simpson naming all of these off... 



 
Really guys, the only word for it is "aaaaggghh"




Like the title, you will eat until you are stuffed! I would suggest this festival to any kind of foodie. There are some items that are a little um, interesting to look at, but are even better to eat. 
Each food item has its own certain price, so going with someone who isn't nervous about sharing food is in your best interest otherwise it can get expensive really quick!

 




I love my family and our basic traditions! I promised J (that's my grandma's nickname) that when she's old and tired, I will park her in her wheelchair on their patio and bring her the goods! I know I'll bring my children and get them into new foods, fast!





Yum, yum...I'm already looking forward to next year!


Ttfn friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!,,,My leftovers are gone now :( Hmm, I must find a good place to get this stuff year 'round or maybe that's not such a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete