Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I don't write.

Kaytlyn is my name.
I am 19 years old.
My home is Utah but for now I am a nanny in New Jersey.


Here is my face.
Not too shabby...
I don't write in a journal very much.
My mom gave me one when I moved across the country, which I've written in maybe four times but that is about it.
I'm on the computer more then anything.
I have Facebook of course...and Twitter...and Pinterest....and Instagram.
Like I REALLY need another social networking site.
But I feel like I need to start writing things down. I am having amazing moments and am not putting them anywhere to remember.

I've had a blogger previously and got rid of it because...well I don't know why.

Anyways.


I don't quite know what I should talk about right now...
Like I said I am a nanny in New Jersey.
I take care of two girls ages 7 and 3.
They are super cute and I love them so much :)

I am a live in nanny. The family I work for is amazing. They provided a huge blessing by letting me work for them.
Living in New Jersey sure is different from Utah.
Much more greenery and humidity.
Also more stress.

The people here move so fast and are always rushing and therefore so are you.
If not rushing...they are lurking. Creeping. Therefore you have to keep an extra eye out for yourself.

Back home I think I held my pepper spray in my hand twice.
Here...whenever I walk into somewhere public, it's always in my hand.

I find it saddening that I can't trust the people here like I can at home.

Yes yes yes...I'm sure you thought it when I wrote it. "I'm from Utah"..."Are you Mormon?"


Yes, I am.
Born and raised.
Do I follow the teachings?
I'm trying my best.

It's hard.
I haven't been very strong in the church like the rest of my family...
But that doesn't mean that I'm not trying.
But I believe in God. I believe in repentance.
I believe in the Restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith.

Growing up in Utah with the gospel though is so different then other places.

I went EFY (Especially For Youth (basically a church camp)) in Texas, and the people were so much more grateful for it.

Well the family that I work for is in California to play in Disneyland, soooo I'm just hanging out at the house.
Whatever...

I'm rambling.
Well.
I'm gonna find people to follow.
Hopefully you follow me?
No?
That's okay.


5 comments:

  1. Good first entry. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Cute! :) Good for you to experience "Mormon Life" outside of Utah! Learn to stand strong in the face of the winds, the rains and other storms. You will grown your roots strong! keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps...it says "elder wise", but i'm his mom! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Very encouraging!
      I will keep writing :)

      Delete